It’s just a day left for the New Year! So, are you all set for the party? Hey, wait a minute! Doesn’t your junk car become an eyesore to your home’s appeal? Then, why don’t you sell it!
The first concerning thing for you might be how much junk cars can give you while selling them. However, we often overlook the metal price use in it. The major parts of the vehicle are made of different materials. It affects the car’s value to a great extent.
Well, the dealerships or any private car buyers don’t have any interest in this regard. Only junkyards are concerned over this. Even if your vehicle is out of the run, we will pay you top dollars for the scrap metal.
Hence, before you sell the junk car this New Year, have a clear outline of the amounts and types of metals.
Here’s how junkyards marked the price
The price of the metal can impact the amount you will get from scrap car removal. Most junk car removal companies like us set the price based on the weight of the metal. For instance:
- We can say that suppose steel costs around $0.01 per pound, copper wire near $0.50 per pound, and aluminium $0.30/pound. As per the estimations, most vehicles, nowadays, contain approximately 2,4000 pounds of steel with 350 pounds of aluminium.
- Contrarily, you can find copper wiring in most electronics included in the car interior. Accordingly, even when your car is entirely damaged and goes beyond repair, it’s worth at least $100.
- In the junkyard, we consider the weight of the metal at the very moment when you bring the cars for sale. Yet, it contains some quality factors as well. Otherwise, you have to return on an empty hand. Poor-quality metal doesn’t have any value here.
- Some car models contain defective radios, handles, or doors sometimes. Don’t throw it out as a waste. We can give you a lucrative amount for the items.
- Not only the metal affect the car’s value but the other components as well. For example, you can earn more cash for junk cars when it contains new tires, doors, and windows.
Does the metal prices fluctuate?
Yes, the price of the metal can differ and change anytime. It can fluctuate depending on the areas and demand just like stock rates. It’s because the metal is a commodity of a trading market.
Well, it’s quite challenging to guess the exact amount. It changes constantly in every week, month, or year. That’s why it’s advisable to spend more time in research before you sell junk cars in Philadelphia. It will help you predict the current price ranges of your locations. Therefore, you can decide if it’s the right time to junk the vehicle and look for the best price.
If you want to get rid of your junk car and make your pocket full on this new year, come to us. We buy junk cars of any make and model and pay on the same day. Contact us at 267-784-3100 for free quotes!